« first day (1876 days earlier)      last day (1054 days later) » 
00:00 - 18:0018:00 - 00:00

6:00 PM
JFC, Napoleon! She died in 2007!
 
@NapoleonWilson she has been for a while
 
It's funny, because she was in the news right before she died because of the custody thing with her daughter and then her son died while visiting her in the hospital and then she died like 2-3 days later.
Oh, sorry. My bad. She died 5 months after her son did.
 
That's...funny? O_O
 
-1
Q: Romantic movie please help

Abbey ArthurI remember that it was a Jewish man that fell in love with a Jewish women called Ruth n she loved art, they fell in love and got married, they tried to have a baby and couldn't, so she wanted to adopt one of her students who was badly treated by his parents.

 
No...not funny as in "ha ha" more like peculiar because she was a Z list celebrity and she had no reason to be in the news except for her custody thing that the settlement on her oil tycoon husband that was like 587 when she married him ;)
 
6:04 PM
I know, I'm just messin' wid ya.
 
I actually thought that it was really sad. She basically killed herself with drugs and alcohol after the death of her son. It was kind of heartbreaking :'(
 
A J
Gotta go. Gud night. :)
 
G'nite :)
 
Good night.
 
It's only 11:37 PM
 
6:08 PM
AJ is all being responsible and stuff now that he has a new job ;)
 
hmmmm
 
Yeah, ID January has finally arrived. I already wondered what took it so long.
 
You set aside an entire month for ID's? AWESOME!!!! :P
 
@steelersquirrel Yeah, together with all the weekends.
And the good news is, we'll start to do that every day 24/7 soon!
\o/
 
@NapoleonWilson Wait. What? What does that mean?
 
6:13 PM
uhuunnn
 
@steelersquirrel I'm just kidding around.
 
@NapoleonWilson Bummer. I was looking forward to doing something 24/7! ;)
 
-2
Q: Forgot the name of a movie

John willsThe movie talk about a guy who have been forced by the government to find a partner in 48 hours or he will sent to a wired place Any ideas about the name of the movie ? Thanks for the help

 
6:29 PM
in Literature, 2 mins ago, by steelersquirrel
Y'all are just begging for a Chancellor like move for what's his face to come and nuke this chatroom ;)
Man...I'm tired of being right all of the time ;)
 
Well, yeah, begging indeed it seems. :'(
 
Welp. Enough of that room... ;)
 
holy moly
it's another mos now
 
Oh, ffs! I have enough drama in my personal life. I don't need anymore here ;)
 
Why they flagging shog
 
6:33 PM
Anyway, what about those father-son films, eh?
 
@steelersquirrel so be a good girl and stay in screening room :P
 
@AnkitSharma I am. I kept getting pinged over there...
I haven't even posted any memes or anything over there. I am just always around when they are posted...I was totally behaving myself over there.
 
@steelersquirrel We know, we know. Don't worry.
 
Avoid it for now
 
@NapoleonWilson Fine. Gheez :'(
 
6:37 PM
lol
I've never seen the screening room, or any room for that matter, locked until now
 
@steelersquirrel What? I said, we know you didn't do anything wrong! I wasn't sarcastic or anything. What is happening?
 
2 hours ago, by steelersquirrel
@DForck42 You obviously aren't in Mos Eisley ;)
 
@steelersquirrel like I've said, it's too neck beardy there ;-)
 
@NapoleonWilson OMG. I know! I'm just effing with you!
 
@steelersquirrel fairly certain mixing pain killers and sedatives is a good way to accidentally kill oneself
 
6:40 PM
@steelersquirrel Okay.
 
@DForck42 Well, it is fine if you take them as prescribed. I have taken percocet and valium together after my surgery and my accident. You just can't take too much and you can't combine 2 different kinds. Ledger had oxycodone and vicodin in his system along with valium and an anti-depressant. Bad combo.
 
@steelersquirrel *mixing any drugs when it's not prescribed that way is a good way to accidentally kill oneself
 
@AnkitSharma I'm moderately excited for it
 
6:51 PM
It's not even power ranger
It's all nolanised with a mix of chronicle
 
@AnkitSharma I liked chronicle
 
Me too
But not in power ranger
 
@AnkitSharma ehh, it's a remake trying to make the show a bit more modern
 
uhuunnn
 
and "darker"
 
6:55 PM
uhuunnn
 
Who is winning the Underworld challenge?
 
as long as it's not directed by Michael bay (and it isn't) I'm willing to give it a chance
@steelersquirrel you, probably
 
@steelersquirrel not me
 
Ohhhh...my question with +8 has the lead! Muahahahaha!
 
Michael bay = cool action + megan fox like lame actress with lack of cloths - story
 
6:58 PM
@AnkitSharma he also butchered tmnt
 
I never like TMNT but his version was disaster
 
and transformers...
well, the first one wasn't bad, but they got worse imho
 
agreed
My dumb ex-friedn made me watch Transformer 4 in theater
 
1
Q: Why is the book still wanted if Aida has memorized it?

kenorbIn Season 4 of Agents of SHIELD, it was shown that android 'has memorized the complete Darkhold'source (E07), so why does her creator still want a book so badly (E09)? He could use Aida to create a new high-tech technology based on her knowledge and understanding, or ask her to dump the remember...

 
lit's chat is unlocked now
...WHAT?!
I has a serious sad now...
 
7:37 PM
I admittedly don't even know who that is.
@steelersquirrel Ya ever seen that thief thing with Connery and Cathy Jones?
 
@NapoleonWilson Entrapment? OMG! I love that movie!
@NapoleonWilson Me neither.
 
> Only contemporary art?
> You sound surprised.
> No, it's just not what I expected.
Um...that means you are surprised, duh!
 
Do you like the movie?
 
Sure, it's nice. Nothing too special, but I like it. I've seen it about a million times already, though.
 
7:52 PM
CZJ is smokin' hot in it!
 
8:09 PM
@steelersquirrel Are you alright?
 
@NapoleonWilson Yeah. I'm getting busy at work. I need to get out of here and actually get some stuff done.
 
@steelersquirrel what silly comment did you make that someone apparently got butt hurt over for no reason?
 
@steelersquirrel As long as that is the true reason. :'(
But have fun, I guess. :'(
 
Yeah. I'm kinda over chat for the day. Don't worry.
 
Hmpf! :'(
 
8:16 PM
@steelersquirrel we love you!
don't leave us!
 
Oh, that Split thing seems to be quite interesting.
 
@DForck42 Awwww. Thanks! I have some personal stuff that I have to go deal with with my nephew in a few minutes, anyways. I will see you guys later ;)
 
@steelersquirrel aww, ok
 
@steelersquirrel Oh!
 
t2ul
 
8:22 PM
-2
Q: Identify this 80s/ 90s movie

Full Time SkeletonMost likely late 80s early 90s movie about a guy who I seem to recall has a cyborg arm. The final scene is him confronting the bad guy and saying something like: "You don't own a man until you own ##punches into the bad guy's chest## his heart! ##rips out bad guy's heart##" I think it had st...

 
 
1 hour later…
9:35 PM
> l'm on a No-Fly list? This is ridiculous. I have a pregnant wife, I have to get back. This is a huge misunderstanding. What am l supposed to do?
> Have you ever seen Forrest Gump?
> Yes.
> Well, he ran across country, and he was pretty stupid. So l have faith in you.
 
@NapoleonWilson is that the RDJ movie with Zack galifinackis?
 
@NapoleonWilson I enjoyed that movie
due date, right?
 
@NapoleonWilson :-D
 
9:48 PM
And I fear I really have to scout for movie questions on Literature any minute now. :'(
 
0
Q: Please identify

user45845a lady has posted this on Facebook Strange ask :) for ages now ive been trying to find a film its an action film late 80s early 90s but for the life of me cant remember the name of the film but i can remember what its about: its about a guy that returns home to find his wife and son along with a...

 
10:03 PM
@DForck42 I'm not sure if I switch to Michael Clayton or Waterworld later, though.
 
@NapoleonWilson haven't seen either
 
Wut?
Well, they're both recommendable, even if entirely different.
Heh, Due Date even has a Wilhelm scream.
 
@NapoleonWilson heh
@NapoleonWilson I'm enjoying the philosophical discussion
 
10:21 PM
Meh. All I am concerned is that they might deal with movies, which I'd like to prevent heavily. I know, I'm bad, but that's what I care about.
 
@NapoleonWilson I honestly don't see it as a problem
I thik the general concensus will be that a question about the movie itself is off-topic, but asking about literary works based off the movie or it's universe will be on-topic
 
I do. Because the questions they would entertain are exactly the pearls among our sand.
 
remember, people currently in chat aren't the whole site
 
@DForck42 That's what I hope for too. I know common sense will be a great deal. It's just the hypothetical "we'll do everything ever created" speak at the moment that is disturbing, but I know it might not be put to actual practice anyway.
 
@NapoleonWilson I thik whoever was saying that was being a bit pedantic
and I honestly hate the idea of merging the sites
 
10:25 PM
That's why I'm not hugely concerned. It's as HDE says, someone who reads the sitename isn't going to think "movies!".
 
@NapoleonWilson exactly
 
@DForck42 Well, that's not gonna happen anyway.
 
@NapoleonWilson true
but it made me shudder when someone said it
 
But yeah, if someone is going to ask for the cultural impact of Airplane!, Imma be "dude, you could have asked that for 5 years already."
 
@NapoleonWilson lol, yeah
and I honestly don't find that on-topic there
 
10:28 PM
0
Q: Old French movie, the main character gets her face burned when trying to destroy the evidence

CocoLong time ago, I watched a french movie with a married and a young couple, and I would like to know the name of the movie. The wife falls in love with the young guy, and her plan is to manipulate her husband to have an affair with the young girl in order to make them break up. She succeeds and th...

 
@NapoleonWilson so, I'm trying to write a question about the visual style for a series of unfortunate events, and I'm unsure how to word it properly
basically, I want to ask about the visual style of the show
 
0
Q: Description of A Series of Unfortunate Event's visual style

DForck42The new Netflix series has a very distinctive visual style to it. I am, however, at a loss on how to describe it to anyone else. What are the elements that make up the visual style of the show, and how would one describe it?

 
11:25 PM
Seriously? They are debating on whether or not song lyrics are on topic? Oh my. I'm sure someone brought up Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell already, then ;)
@Randal'Thor I will see my sister later tonight and I have no problem telling her about that literature site, but I would probably not encourage her to do anything over there until things are settled down a little and more consistent. It was really difficult for me to even convince her to post anything over here after what she saw over at SE History. She was really repelled by SE because she actually spent a fair amount of time on History and really didn't care for the atmosphere over there.
 
@steelersquirrel If the song was made for the movie, and the lyrics are part of the plot, I can definitely see how that would be on-topic. But I can definitely see your point if it's "off the shelf" music.
 
@John Yeah. It's a fine line, I guess. All of the discussion over there is kinda flying over my head and is giving me a headache ;)
 
@steelersquirrel Fair enough. I do hope she'll participate there at some point though. My Poe question has an answer, but it's not complete ... you can tell her that ;-)
 
@John I think she's talking about a totally different site.
 
@Randal'Thor Hehe! I will tell her. She might just read questions and stuff... I don't know if she would participate right away.
 
11:37 PM
@steelersquirrel Well, the moment I will freak out is when they're at movies. But that's not that far. ;-)
 
@steelersquirrel Bob Dylan, definitely.
 
@NapoleonWilson What do you mean? Like scripts and stuff?
 
@steelersquirrel No, movies, yes, you heard right, those things with moving images.
 
@Randal'Thor Ha! I knew it! ;)
@NapoleonWilson How would that be argued as on topic for a literature site?
 
@steelersquirrel Sure. A new SE site can be a bit daunting at first, until you start to get into how things are done.
@steelersquirrel Well, it won't, I guess.
 
11:39 PM
@steelersquirrel Well, I don't know, people try, though. But I have faith in common sense and that this is all just hypothetical talk.
But if I was seriously invested in Music Fans, I would already be pissed.
 
@NapoleonWilson It pays to pay attention for me, eh. Thanks.
 
@John Hehe, don't worry. It's admittedly a little confusing, since we're in the Literature chatroom too and discussion seeps over.
 
@John Don't worry. My fault. I pinged Rand in here because it's really busy in that room and hard to talk sometimes. Sorry for the confusion :)
@Randal'Thor Yeah. I see ;)
@NapoleonWilson Why? Just because they will overlap stuff?
 
She might not even be able to do it that easily without an invitation. Until public beta in about 3 weeks.
 
@NapoleonWilson It's easy to get in without an invitation if you have the right link.
I've viewed the site without even being logged in to SE.
 
11:48 PM
@steelersquirrel Overlap isn't a problem per se, just when it results from cramming stuff into a site for inclusion's sake but which the site was never intended for. The Music Fans guy would lick their fingers after the U2 question HDE asked, instead they'll keep sitting on ID and trivia.
 
Ankit left a link in here that I use.
 
@Randal'Thor Also true.
As I said:
1 hour ago, by Napoleon Wilson
But yeah, if someone is going to ask for the cultural impact of Airplane!, Imma be "dude, you could have asked that for 5 years already."
 
But...how is the cultural impact of a movie on topic for a literature site?
 
@steelersquirrel I don't know, ask this guy.
 
I see.
 
11:52 PM
@NapoleonWilson Well, there have been some great questions about SFF works asked on Lit too. But I have no issues with that - the SFF site already gets enough attention, but Lit needs as many good questions as it can get.
 
But as I said, I'm not hugely concerned, since I still have faith in common sense.
 
My confidence is waning from day to day :P
 
@Randal'Thor Yes, because noone has any doubts that SciFi books were, are, and will ever be perfectly 100% unambiguously on-topic on Literature. The same way I don't mourn all the missed Star Wars questions. James Bond and The Dark Knight, though...
When you start including stuff just for inclusion's sake and because you'd like to pick yourself the great literary analysis questions about songs and films, then I'm not gonna be on board.
Noone thinks about U2 or David Fincher when "literature" comes up.
@steelersquirrel Awww, I know. Don't worry.
 
@steelersquirrel Awww, cheer up, people love you! ;-)
 
00:00 - 18:0018:00 - 00:00

« first day (1876 days earlier)      last day (1054 days later) »