Adieu (French for "goodbye") may refer to:
* Adieu (Stockhausen), a 1966 wind quintet composed by Karlheinz Stockhausen
* "Adieu" (Jahn Teigen and Anita Skorgan song), the Norwegian entry to the Eurovision Song Contest 1982
* "Adieu" (Cowboy Bebop), a song composed by Yoko Kanno for the anime Cowboy Bebop
* "Adieu", a song by British band Enter Shikari on their 2007 debut album, Take to the Skies
* "Adieu" (Cœur de pirate song), 2011
* Adiós (disambiguation)
Good Bye, Lenin! is a 2003 German tragicomedy film. Directed by Wolfgang Becker, the cast includes Daniel Brühl, Katrin Saß, Chulpan Khamatova, and Maria Simon. Most scenes were shot at the Karl-Marx-Allee in Berlin and around Plattenbauten near Alexanderplatz.
In a prologue, Alex Kerner (Daniel Brühl) recalls as a child in 1978 how proud he was along with his countrymen when the first German to enter space, Sigmund Jähn, came from East Germany (the GDR).
The remainder of the film is set in East Berlin, spanning from October 1989 to just after German reunification a year later. Alex...
Parting phrases are elements of parting traditions, phrases used to acknowledge the parting of individuals or groups of people from each other.
Parting phrases are specific to culture and situation, varying between persons based on social status and personal relationship.
In English, there are formal and informal ways of saying goodbye. In day-to-day speech, people also sometimes use foreign parting phrases like ciao and arrivederci (Italian), au revoir and bon voyage (French), auf wiedersehen and tschüss (German), adiós, hasta la vista, hasta luego, and hasta mañana (Spani...