« first day (880 days earlier)      last day (2502 days later) » 

9:00 PM
Not because it's particularly good at anything.
 
@GnomeSlice She was a model.
 
> Because Bumblebee is mute and the Racist Twins are poor black robots from the slums of Cybertron who never learned how to read. It's a sad commentary on Cybertronian society. Like The Wire, actually.
 
@InvaderSkoodge I'm just saying, "Everything should have classes" and "I program in Java" grate against each other :P
 
@GnomeSlice Megan Fox has toethumb
 
If everything should have classes then why can't I be trusted with operator assignment?
 
9:01 PM
@badp Everything in Java is a class, though...
 
Megan Fox is not attractive.
 
@badp Operator overloading is one of those things. When I programmed in C++ a lot, I thought it was the best thing ever. Now that I program in Java exclusively, I can see why it's really confusing for multi-developer maintenance.
 
In Python, classes are classes, functions are classes, etc.
@InvaderSkoodge meh. I have a triple of numbers. I want to add the same thing to all three components. Why can't I use +?
(I make this example because it's the latest occasion of me using operator overloading in Python to calculate damage dealt in Borderlands 2 - specifically against flesh, armor and shields.)
 
I'm not saying it's not useful, just that I see where the potential for confusion exists.
 
Yeah, I mean, the situation was complex enough that I still had to define an add method - but only because I needed to pass much more than one argument
 
9:04 PM
Especially if you have some asshat overloading + with something other than just straight up addition.
 
@InvaderSkoodge Yeah, but you know where Java shines the most? Automated refactoring
 
Holy shit
She's a Victoria's Secret Model? That explains a lot.
WHOA WHAT IS THIS BLUE THING
 
You may say, "Well, I just won't code with asshats, then." Unfortunately, sometimes you don't have a choice.
 
(That's not what I said!)
I also agree that smart people can do stupid stuff with operator overloading
 
Is this what flags look like?
 
9:06 PM
see: registering event handlers with += in C#
 
I must have 10k Chat rep.
COOL
 
@GnomeSlice Yeah that's a flag.
 
@InvaderSkoodge Neato!
 
@GnomeSlice I am SO happy you're now considered trustworthy enough to know what's flag worthy and what isn't.
2
 
Also, does skin make you people blush or something?
There's no nudity in that.
 
9:06 PM
I didn't even know that there were people who didn't see the blue box.
 
@badp Hey, I am. I just get mad and curse at people sometimes.
@InvaderSkoodge Yep.
My rep earnings have pretty much stopped.
Took me forever to get to 10k
3 years?
> The point is Jetfire teleports them all to Egypt where he explains that there used to be 7 or 8 Primes, and they traveled around the galaxy blowing up suns for energon. But they never did it on planets with life. Well, they had set the machine up on Earth and not noticed all the life running around, and one of the Primes just said fuck it, let's do it anyways. This was evil, so they called that Prime the Fallen and beat the shit out of him although he escaped.
This is funny.
But I still don't think it was an absolutely terrible movie.
 
@GnomeSlice Now you can swoop in to other rooms when there is a flag.
 
@OrigamiRobot I wonder what sort of reactions I'll get.
 
@GnomeSlice "oh god, not him"
 
You guys know I'm not actually retarded right? Just because I get flagged a lot doesn't mean I won't deny legitimate flags.
 
9:10 PM
Just wait, you'll have flags for rooms you didn't know existed and sites you've never been on.
 
@tombull89 I feel so bad for those sites.
 
@GnomeSlice I think you mean that the other way around
Denying legitimate flags is bad.
 
@OrigamiRobot Don't you approve or deny them?
@OrigamiRobot Woops, I meant 'will', you're right.
 
I win again!
 
> Why can't Bumblebee talk, but the other Autobots can?
> Because Bumblebee is retarded, but in a Sling Blade kind of a way. This explains how he kills the living fuck out of a Decepticon later.
 
9:14 PM
There! Ordered something from NewEgg.. We shall see how 'well' it gets here.
 
Oh god I forgot about the transformer testicles...
Yeah, now that I think about it, there were an inordinate amount of sex 'jokes' in that film...
Somebody flag something.
Also, Megan Fox's acting wasn't as bad as everyone keeps making it out to be. It wasn't great, but it was easily better than that of most pornstars...
> Could you sum up the film in one line of its dialogue? "I am directly beneath the enemy's scrotum."
Haw haw haw
 
@GnomeSlice You can flag your own posts. I'm sure you've posted something flag worthy recently.
3
 
I hope @GnomeSlice enters a room in response to a bad flag and then gets flagged himself.
4
 
@OrigamiRobot For what?
 
For being you.
:P
 
9:18 PM
@OrigamiRobot You can only flag messages in chat...
I'd have to post something.
 
Which you would
 
@OrigamiRobot Maybe.
I hate it when places require you to sign up to post comments, and only 5 digits in the mandatory field for your postal code.
Someone American give me their postal code.
 
@GnomeSlice ...why does this site need your postal code?
Also, it's called a zip code in the USA.
 
@Wipqozn Yeah, whatever, zipcode.
@Wipqozn Probably because they don't want opinions from anyone who isn't from America.
 
What site is this?
 
9:25 PM
@GnomeSlice Then why are you even on a site like that?
 
@OrigamiRobot He probably wants to complain about the 5-digit field for postal zip codes.
 
@OrigamiRobot It's the one Wipqozn linked about Transformers 2
Upvotes please.
 
@GnomeSlice Why are you commenting anywhere on the internet?
 
@GnomeSlice Downvotes? Sure!
 
@Wipqozn If you don't want people to find us on Steam, go for it.
@OrigamiRobot Because I have an opinion?
Am I not allowed to?
 
9:27 PM
Please tell me where I said that.
 
@GnomeSlice Not really, no. All opinions need to first be pre-approved by either @OrigamiRobot, Marktrapp, or myself.
4
 
@Wipqozn Now you're just being stupid.
@OrigamiRobot ...The Bridge?
 
@GnomeSlice Where?
 
@GnomeSlice He didn't say that, though.
 
@Wipqozn I almost want to sign up for Twitter just so I can talk to that sweet angel.
 
9:28 PM
@OrigamiRobot I almost want to use my Twitter account again.
 
Geez
C is really annoying compared to C++
 
@RonanForman I don't care what you're doing, I demand attention
 
@fredley stares
@fredley slowly steps closer
@fredley hugs
 
@OrigamiRobot Robot/Porkchop.
 
@OrigamiRobot hugs
@OrigamiRobot cries
 
9:36 PM
THERE. THERE. IT'S. O. K.
@Wipqozn Guild Wars tonight?
 
@OrigamiRobot Oh my no.
Ask me again on Friday once my exams are done.
 
@Wipqozn You're all going to jail.
Only my opinion matters.
 
Jin
anime.stackexchange.com is in private beta now!
2
 
@Jin yay
 
@Wipqozn Forget exams. What are you doing? Studying? Be like me. Forget that mess.
@Jin "What is going on in FLCL?" <-- Closed as Not Constructive and/or NARQ
 
Jin
9:44 PM
@OrigamiRobot what?
if you guys want access to this super duper secret privatest beta, clicky here: anime.stackexchange.com/…
 
@Jin It would promote discussion and speculation.
 
2
Q: List of surviving Uchiha

LeeHaiI originally thought that the only surviving members after the Uchiha massacre were Sasuke and Itachi, but more and more seem to be revealed. Is there a canonical list of surviving members of the Uchiha clan after the massacre?

Okay, I'm making a meta complaining about spoiler usage already.
You don't need spoiler tags on the answers to that question.
You shouldn't down vote someone for not having spoiler tags in answers to that question.
Answers to that question will obviously have spoilers. If you're not up to date on the manga, or don't want anything spoiled... don't open the bloody question.
ksdlfksdflasdkf
1
Q: is dicussing Hentai allowed?

MozenRathI just had to ask it but are discussion on hentai allowed here? It is something that people might end up doing here. So I just wanted someone to clear the air.

 
haahahahahhaahha
 
Jin
@Wipqozn actually before the edit, that question title contained major spoiler.
 
9:47 PM
@Jin Yeah, I'm not complaining about the question (that was a mistake). I only meant the answers.
Question titles should be devoid of spoilers if at all possible.
 
@pixel Are you going to turn your back on me tonight too?
 
@OrigamiRobot you aren't online
 
I'm just making sure I'm mentally prepared
 
@OrigamiRobot nn!
 
FINE
 
9:50 PM
0
Q: Where is the "Instant Adventure NPC" for each region?

user28015You can only enter the queue for an instant adventure for a region directly if you have spoken to the respective NPC. So at what location in each region is the NPCs for the instant adventure?

 
its ok no rush
I'm watching Mythbusters
 
<3 Mythbusters
I can't decide what I love more Kari Byron or Jamie's mustache.
 
0
Q: Should we have one tag per Anime/Manga series?

DanalogI've seen we have a tag for Bleach, Naruto, Dragonball Z, etc. Should that be what we do going forward for every series? Have a neon-genesis-evangelion tag? A full-metal-alchemist tag? Or will that give us way too many tags, since there are quite a few different series out there? Is there some...

I really hope this is someone seeding questions.
You can't Seriously think not having series tag is a good idea.
 
FAE
@Jin I didn't know you were allowed to just hand out invitation links :o
 
Jin
@FAE i dont always give out invites, but when I do, it happens on The Bridge.
 
10:00 PM
@OrigamiRobot Kari
 
@FAE Nor. I feel less cool now that I got an invite due to committing.
 
@RonanForman IT WORKS
Beatifully
@RonanForman YOU SHALL WEEP
at its poetic beauty
Yay
 
I heard, by I can't get on right now.
 
@RonanForman eh ok
 
10:17 PM
Hey some moderator type person... The Portal 2 game went to @GnomeSlice sooo no need to keep that stuck up there :)
 
nom nom pins nom
 
@agent86 Thanks man :)
 
1
Q: Easiest way to get mounts / maximize a monetary investment in LoTRO without sustaining a subscription?

ylluminateI have several Lord of the Rings Online accounts wherein my children and I play together. My kids have been beating me up for mounts as a Christmas gift so that we can get around more easily and I'm trying to figure out the most "cost effective" path to take here in order to achieve this goal. ...

0
Q: Why wont optifine work with mod loader?

Knifeparti3This is frustrating me only because the better than wolves mod needs modloader but my computer needs optifine and they don't go together because i keep getting crashes

0
Q: What RPG / fantasy genre games exist that encourage true teamwork and minimize or eliminate the "quest giver?"

ylluminateLately I have been hunting for a LoTRO / WoW / Skyrim esque multiplayer game that does not follow the "quest giver" pattern so closely and really encourages actual teamwork. My family and I (several of us) would like to play a game that is more free form and wherein we actually play TOGETHER (vs...

 
It's interesting to spontaneously come up with what looks like a reasonable argument for scopes.
 
@RonanForman Working now
 
10:22 PM
@AshelyNunn My Nintendo Network Id is 'Crysyn' :D
@FAE Just put in an order for ZombiU, I will let ya know how it goes :)
 
FAE
@James Woo!
 
@FAE Rumor from my brother is that you are trying to find a cure so there is a point beyond survival, and I saw some video on how the GamePad works into the game and it looked good enough to give it a go..
Nintendo is definitely trying to shed their 'kids' platform image though
 
FAE
@James Oooh huh, gotcha. That sounds pretty cool.
 
@James Nintendo is always going to be the 'family' game company.
 
@GnomeSlice I think they Want to be the family one again instead of just a kids one man.
The Wii routed them into a very specific corner and they are trying to crawl back out :)
 
10:29 PM
@James What? They're hardly in a 'corner'...
 
@GnomeSlice You pretty much only play a Wii for casual/party style games man
 
@James So... 'family' games. =]
 
Aside from Nintendo exclusives like Mario
@GnomeSlice Yeah I just all them party games since I dont think those types of games appeal to the whole family.
 
@James 'family friendly' then, it's semantics.
 
@GnomeSlice ZombiU, a wii-u exclusive.. is not 'family friendly' :)
 
10:31 PM
@Lazers KILLLLLLLLLLLL
 
@James Neither was 'No More Heroes' for the Wii. Or 'Madworld'.
 
@GnomeSlice Never heard of either of those :D
 
@James ._. how
They were huge hits on the Wii.
 
@GnomeSlice Probably went something like "Oh whats that, a Wii game? Nevermind Ill go back to not listening' :D
 
I'm playing the first No More Heroes right now, played the second one just a bit ago. It's awesome.
 
FAE
10:34 PM
@GnomeSlice Eh, Mad World was not as big as NMH.
 
@FAE Probably not, but still notable.
 
Winter is cold.
That is all.
 
I really wish NMH: Paradise was released on the Xbox 360 in places that aren't Japan.
=[
 
@FAE I don't want to make an account there, so I can't see it. =[
 
10:38 PM
@FAE Reading the SciFi meta linked there is painful.
 
FAE
@Wipqozn Isn't the tag limit 5, not 6, or is it different there?
 
Wow, I'm busy looking for Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly images to use as my gravatar on Anime and Manga, and here you guys are talking about No More Heroes. Wow.
 
This day just keeps getting better... <sigh>
 
@FAE I thought it was 6? If I'm wrong, please fix :)
 
FAE
@Wipqozn I can't edit your comments!
 
10:42 PM
Oh, right.
 
5
Q: How do you explain your friends that anime is different from cartoon?

hkBattousaiIn my region, people don't know the difference between anime and cartoon. When they see me watching anime, or they learn it somehow, they say that I'm watching cartoon and so I'm being childish. Sometimes, they could even display sarcastic attitudes, so that making a serious long explanation woul...

FIVE UPVOTES
 
FAE
@InvaderSkoodge Working on a closing comment for this.
 
@InvaderSkoodge ಠ_ಠ
 
I don't watch enough Anime or read enough Manga to warrant making an account and actually trying to moderate the site myself, but it's starting out all wrong and it still makes me sad :(
 
@InvaderSkoodge How do you explain to your friends that MLP is different from a cartoon?
 
10:44 PM
@InvaderSkoodge TBH, everything gets upvoted on a brand new site. It's like "a post! Must upvote it!"
 
You know... in case people think you're being childish. =P
 
@GnomeSlice MLP is a cartoon...
 
@Wipqozn You are so childish. You should use a witty one-liner to ward me and my ignorance off.
 
To be honest, not all cartoons are childish.
 
@InvaderSkoodge and now it has an answer and 0 close votes
 
10:46 PM
@FAE crosses finger please no, please no
 
Looney Tunes are still great.
 
FAE
@Wipqozn "Yes" is gaining traction.
 
@GnomeSlice like MLP
 
@FAE Probably because no one has posted an opposing answer. Probably becuse his answer was fastest gun in the west and contains no reasoning.
 
@FAE I want to post an answer explaining why we rejected it, but I don't think I could explain it well enough
 
10:47 PM
@murgatroid99 How is that not childish? It's a children's show dude. I was talking about things like Looney Tunes, or Yogi Bear, or the Flinstones.
 
@murgatroid99 MLP is made for children. That you happen to enjoy it does not change its target audience.
 
Holy crap on a cracker let's not get into an argument whether or not MLP is a childish show or not.
 
Now that I think about it, most modern cartoons are for kids, most of the ones I can think of that adults can enjoy too are from the 90's.
 
@InvaderSkoodge for children != childish.
 
@murgatroid99 lololololol
 
10:48 PM
@GnomeSlice Which are also childish, by your logic
 
Uh, so. Flipboard has a "Read later" button. When I tap it it asks me to log in with Instapaper, Pocket or Readability. ...what should I choose? <_<
 
and I'm done, I just thought saying that would be funny
 
@AshleyNunn They're not for children.
 
Man, I should've committed to the Anime proposal.
 
@GnomeSlice ...not going to have this argument
 
10:49 PM
@fbueckert You can get in through @Jin's magic link.
 
@fbueckert You should have!
 
There's no argument to be had...
 
@InvaderSkoodge Jin has a magic link? scrolls up
 
@InvaderSkoodge NOW THIS HAS FIVE ANSWERS.
 
@murgatroid99 And what's the opposite of grown-up? :P I never said anything negative about the show man, I just pointed out that it's primarily a children's show.
 
10:50 PM
1 hour ago, by Jin
if you guys want access to this super duper secret privatest beta, clicky here: http://anime.stackexchange.com/grant-beta-access?key=b0e991ac0445facf6aca0c3563982975
 
@AshleyNunn And now I do.
 
I hate Anime.
 
@GnomeSlice You are dead to me.
 
@JasonBerkan I don't even know you.
 
@GnomeSlice This is kind of a blanket statement that doesn't make much sense to me.
It's like saying "I hate movies."
 
10:50 PM
Although your gravatar looks familiar to me.
 
@GnomeSlice 'Tis from an anime...
 
@InvaderSkoodge Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but I haven't found a single anime I liked.
Except for maybe Robotech.
 
@GnomeSlice as I said, I just thought it would be funny to point to MLP. The point of that picture is that I don't care if it's childish
 
@GnomeSlice You've just eliminated an entire medium of entertainment, for no other reason than, "I don't wanna".
 
@fbueckert Anime transcends genre, though.
 
10:51 PM
@murgatroid99 I never said you should.
 
It's an entire medium.
 
@InvaderSkoodge Some people do hate movies, though.
 
@InvaderSkoodge There's the word I was looking for.
 
@InvaderSkoodge This
 
I really don't see why people classify 'anime' as its own thing, that's like saying 'cartoons' or 'cars'.
 
10:52 PM
Some people don't like entire mediums. Likes don't have to be centered on genres.
 
@GnomeSlice I also just really like that quotation
 
@murgatroid99 The quote makes me very happy.
 
Back when I though all anime was Gundam Wing and Neo Genesis, I hated it too.
 
@GraceNote I don't like the idea of a movie. I tend to get fidgety about 40 minutes in and want to take a break. There are some movies, however, that are able to keep my attention and where this doesn't happen, and when it ends it's like waking up and not knowing how long you slept.
 
And yes. I said mediums. Byawhahahahaha.
 
10:52 PM
So I can't say "I hate movies."
 
@murgatroid99 Me too, but I'd probably like it more without whatever that pink thing is.
 
@InvaderSkoodge Other people might be able to, though.
 
@InvaderSkoodge I get that feeling too.
 
@InvaderSkoodge Yeah - I rarely watch stuff unless I have something to do with my hands like cross stitching or something
 
0
Q: Sunken Bridge Level on Pirates of Dark Water

RakelHow do you get past the sunken bridge level for pirates of dark water on sega genesis? I've been stuck on this level for ages and I can't get past it.

 
10:54 PM
@GnomeSlice That's because that's exactly what it is.
 
@GraceNote I don't want to know the curmudgeon who can't find any enjoyment out of any movie ever made.
 
I've been watching the new Primeval series.
It's... definitely north american...
@fbueckert What?
 
5
Q: Should anime / manga names / tags be in English (international title) or romanized Japanese?

XeoMany people only know a franchise by its English name, but some don't even have an official English name / title. What should be our policy on that? I'd personally prefer the romanized Japanese and a tag synonym from the English one.

ugggghhhh
 
@GnomeSlice Anime isn't a subset of "Cartoons".
 
@GnomeSlice It's its own thing
 
10:54 PM
But yeah, the one today had lesbians making out in it, and lots of drama.
 
It's something entirely separate.
 
@fbueckert It was an example.
 
@GnomeSlice That is Twilight Sparkle, the purple unicorn
 
Please, please, don't turn this into some super smug "DUUR JAPANESE R DUH BETTER ANIMES! DUUR JAPAN SHOWS ARE ALL BETTER! DUUUR!"
 
@fbueckert Anime isn't a subset of anything, it's an art style.
 
10:55 PM
I hate hate hate that type of blind fanboyism. Please don't let this site become dominated by that/
 
@GnomeSlice ...Which is why it's something of it's own.
 
1
A: Should anime / manga names / tags be in English (international title) or romanized Japanese?

casperOneI can see preference for both the English and the Japanese names on the site. There's no reason why we can't have both. That leaves three tags left over for other tagging (and we don't want meta-tags). However, I don't believe that one should be a synonym of the other, as it implies a preferen...

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
 
@Wipqozn Yeah, that would be super unawesome
 
@Wipqozn So it's okay to hate otakus but not bronies? :P
 
@GnomeSlice I hate crazy obsessed bronies.
 
10:56 PM
So how should it NOT be classified as it's own thing?
 
@fbueckert I don't see how this precludes him from disliking it.
 
@GraceNote Oh, no, he can dislike it all he wants.
 
Wait, no, arguments crossed.
Ignore me.
 
That's why I don't go to any of the meet ups with my local brony groups. A lot of them are crazy obsessed fanboys they see no fault i the series. It's just annoying.
 
Let me get back to explaining how someone can dislike movies as a whole and not necessarily be curmudgeonly.
 
10:56 PM
@GraceNote Wee, multitasking galore!
 
In other words, fanboys piss me off.
 
@GraceNote For the record, I was agreeing with him.
'cartoons' was just an example.
 
@Wipqozn And this is why I refuse to discuss, or even participate, series which have crossed over into the mainstream.
Like Bleach. Or, shudder, Naruto.
 
@fbueckert You're such a total rebel bad ass.
 
You forgot "hipster".
 
10:57 PM
@fbueckert By 'mainstream' you mean... people other than you now like them?
:/
 
@GnomeSlice No.
By, "OMG! THIS IS SO AWESOME! WATCH IT! WATCH IT NOW!"
And when you do and go, "Eh. It's alright"
They blow up on you.
 
@fbueckert So people get excited about shit. Eh.
@fbueckert That IS annoying.
 
I could use the cheap answer that would naturally have Strix concede, but that would be cheating. Let me formulate a proper one.
 
@fbueckert I liked the bit of Bleach I watched.
 
@GraceNote Your argument style makes me jelly.
 
10:58 PM
@GnomeSlice It's the inability to allow criticism of things you like.
 
@fbueckert Yep.
 
@AshleyNunn Bleach suffers from going on far longer than it should.
Along with a bunch of other issues.
 
@fbueckert It goes the other way too, which I find possibly even more annoying.
 
Source: I read Bleach.
 
@fbueckert Pretty much. I like things. I get really excited about things. but if you don't like it and tell me so, thats okay
 
10:59 PM
The inability to allow positive comments about something you dislike.
 
@GnomeSlice If one looks at the events of today, my argument style consists of "Assault the wrong side's argument and then say what you aren't gonna do and not actually provide your argument yet". That's a funky thing to be jealous of.
 
@Wipqozn Yeah, I got bored after a while just because it kept.on.going.
 
Like all of those people crying about Star Wars Ep1
 

« first day (880 days earlier)      last day (2502 days later) »