« first day (2221 days earlier)      last day (38 days later) » 

12:01 AM
RELOAD!
[rubberduck-vba/Rubberduck] 36 commits. 7 closed issues. 4 issue comments. 11112 additions. 2197 deletions.
[Zomis/Games] 14 commits. 1 opened issue. 4 closed issues. 9 issue comments. 380 additions. 195 deletions.
[Minesweeper] Games Played: 111, Bombs Used: 64, Moves Performed: 13559, New Users: 11
 
 
16 hours later…
4:30 PM
> **Description**
On reparse, the label for the refresh button resets to English.

**To Reproduce**
1. Change Language to _Deutsch_.
2. See the refesh button label correctly change to _Fertig_.
3. Click on the refresh button.
4. Wait till parsing finishes.
5. See that the label shows _Ready_.

**Expected behavior**
The localized label based on the user settings is used.
> I guess, the problem here, and maybe at other places where translations do not work, is that we acquire resource strings on other threads than the UI thread, but only set the CurrentUICultureon the UI thread. This is a thread-local property. So, we have to make sure that it gets changes on/is aligned between all threads accessing resource strings by CurrentUICulture.
 
@Duga We should really do all localization via value converters in the UI and not all over the place.
 
4:50 PM
> These are the German translations for the currently untranslated resources, apart from those for which a translation does not make a lot of sense.

In addition, the endings of several resources have been aligned.

Finally, I have added a default style for `CheckBoxe`s that centers the content vertically since I have observed on my system that the default seems to be _top_ alignment, which shifts the labels to the top relative to the box itself.
 
5:19 PM
[rubberduck-vba/Rubberduck] build for commit 611cbe54 on unknown branch: AppVeyor build succeeded
 
5:57 PM
@MathieuGuindon Where are the translation files located?
 
@Mast they're under the Rubberduck.Resources project; ResX Manager (VS plug-in or standalone) is great for this =)
 
@MathieuGuindon Ah, the RubberduckUI.<lang>.resx files.
 
Yeah.. there's a couple of others
 
And the Templates
 
Inspection names and descriptions are in their own files for example
 
6:11 PM
Not decoupled into pure translation files?
 
ResX Manager just grabs them wherever they are in the solution
@Mast hm?
InspectionNames.resx, InspectionResults.resx
 
@MathieuGuindon A file for English, French, Czech, all translations in the same folder.
All languages incl. the default handled the same.
 
Eh, it began with everything in RubberduckUI, then that got unworkable so we spliced it, then resources were all over the place and getting duplicated so we centralized them... not sure what's the best way tbh
 
Ok
 
but yeah every language gets its own file, that's how the framework works =)
 
6:33 PM
one thing we still haven't addressed, is the support for actual locales.. e.g. currently .fr stands for both .fr-CA and .fr-FR; French works pretty well across the Atlantic, but to properly support Portuguese we'd need to be able to make it tell .pt-BR from .pt-PT.
 
7:08 PM
@MathieuGuindon That would be nice, but I think you'd need a bigger team if you'd want to dedicate to that.
 
Or set-up a translation matrix or anything, but you can't hold every feature if you don't have someone from the proper locale available.
On my job, we sell machinery all over the world. One of them we recently put near Saint Leonard. That's French CA, but we don't have anyone French available. So only the labels are in French and the HMI is in English. We only support HMI in English, Dutch and German.
Austrian German and Swiss German is just German with us.
We'd lose money if we didn't.
 
@Mast so true. we had to drop Japanese early in 2.x, for lack of a maintainer (and much restructuring and many new resource keys left untranslated)
 
7:52 PM
TBH, we had no update for Spanish last release.
 

« first day (2221 days earlier)      last day (38 days later) »