« first day (2339 days earlier)      last day (27 days later) » 

12:01 AM
RELOAD!
[rubberduck-vba/Rubberduck] 3 issue comments.
[Zomis/Games] 1 commit. 1 issue comment. 1 addition. 1 deletion.
[Minesweeper] New Users: 17, Games Played: 112, Bombs Used: 62, Moves Performed: 13727
 
12:43 AM
@IvenBach FWIW, I have replicated what you are experiencing. But, if I add the new .resx file directly under Rubberduck.Core and NOT in a subfolder of Rubberduck.Core - the build succeeds. Unfortunately, I do not know what this means, but maybe it can be a piece of useful info to someone who does.
 
 
1 hour later…
1:47 AM
That's the behavior I had too. Documented it because it is a big bowl of makes-no-sense.
 
 
2 hours later…
3:19 AM
 
3:58 AM
That's why I tested with naming the file differently and testing different subfolders.
 
 
2 hours later…
5:58 AM
 
 
1 hour later…
7:02 AM
@MathieuGuindon do we get carved pumpkin pictures this year?
 
 
7 hours later…
2:26 PM
@IvenBach Here's a path the allows the compile to succeed. Others can comment on whether or not it is valid.
After inserting the new resource file in Rubberduck.Core, try to compile...it will fail (as we know). Open Rubberduck.Core.csproj find and comment out this EmbeddedResource element:
<EmbeddedResource Update="UI\**\*.resx">
<DependentUpon>%(Filename).cs</DependentUpon>
</EmbeddedResource>
becomes:
<!--EmbeddedResource Update="UI\**\*.resx">
<DependentUpon>%(Filename).cs</DependentUpon>
</EmbeddedResource-->
There is another EmbeddedResource element in the .csproj file that relates to the resx file you just added.
 
@IvenBach lol I carved 2 eyes and called it a pumpkin, should have started it last week
 
2:58 PM
 
 
2 hours later…
4:51 PM
@BZngr Commenting out both does not build.
I can change the Build Action property of FooBarUI.resx from Embedded resource --> Content and it builds. Need to test how that works now.
 
 
3 hours later…
7:46 PM
@IvenBach only comment out the one EnbeddedResource shown in my message...not ‘both’.
 
8:25 PM
When I add the *.resx file the following lines are added to Rubberduck.Core.csproj
<Compile Update="UI\Inspections\InspectionResultsUI.Designer.cs">
  <DesignTime>True</DesignTime>
  <AutoGen>True</AutoGen>
  <DependentUpon>InspectionResultsUI.resx</DependentUpon>
</Compile>
<EmbeddedResource Update="UI\Inspections\InspectionResultsUI.resx">
  <Generator>ResXFileCodeGenerator</Generator>
  <LastGenOutput>InspectionResultsUI.Designer.cs</LastGenOutput>
</EmbeddedResource>
I note that they are different than your example you posted.
 
8:37 PM
Commented it out. Build failed.
I am out of WTF to give at this point.
 
The part to comment out (In my message) is near the top of the .csproj file. (I am not showing the entire file) The xml in your message IS added to the .csproj when you add the .resx and attempt to compile and should remain as-is. Sorry, I am away from my machine so I am going off memory at this point.
 
I completely misunderstood your post.
Did not realize you meant it to be literal.
Commenting that line out does allow it to compile.
Later tonight I'll try adding resource strings and using them.
I'll have to thing about this but those 3 lines of code don't make any sense as to why they are added.
 
8:59 PM
Glad it now compiles...I think the added lines is what points the compiler to the newly inserted .resx and associated .cs file. Not finding the .cs file was cause of the previous build failures.
 
 
3 hours later…

« first day (2339 days earlier)      last day (27 days later) »