« first day (835 days earlier)      last day (52 days later) » 

12:31 AM
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED
 
 
1 hour later…
1:50 AM
> The lawsuit accuses Mr Martin’s parents and the family’s attorney Benjamin Crump of orchestrating a campaign to force Brittany Diamond Eugene, 16, who was reportedly Mr Martin’s girlfriend, to make a recorded statement that implicated Mr Zimmerman as the aggressor in the altercation with Mr Martin.
> The lawsuit also says that Brittany’s half-sister, Rachel Jeantel, pretended to be her when she was interviewed by prosecutors and provided false statements to incriminate Mr Zimmerman based on coaching from others in court during his trial.

Mr Martin’s uncle, Ronald Fulton, 56, said the lawsuit was no more than a publicity stunt to promote a forthcoming documentary titled the “Trayvon Hoax” that alleges Ms Jeantel was an impostor.
 
2:02 AM
The prosecutor Barr picked to show Trump was set up isn't able to do so, surprising no one but also a little surprising still tbh that they didn't just make something up
Maybe we hit a Dumb Ceiling and someone finally gave up trying to string the nonsense together
 
> But despite this, Barr -- a longtime skeptic of the Russia probe, and particularly the FBI's tactics to investigate Trump campaign associates -- has told conservative allies Horowitz's report won't be the last word on the matter.
might just need to find someone with a harder heard
 
3:07 AM
Incidentally getting hit with a steel plate also harms kids so idk
But they are pretty and it's got a cultural tie in so
 
@TimStone lol, yes because looking like they are covered in petrol and have that rainbowy effect doesn't look harmful either
 
I mean I'm sure that's fine, you just usually don't discolour stainless steel on purpose, lol
It makes more sense here tbf
Great time to be alive
 
3:25 AM
We've apparently reached "Ah so you want to impeach Trump but actually we should impeach Obama (and yes you can impeach a former president lol obvs)" part of the story and I, I am very tired
 
> Then last year, the American Academy of Pediatrics released a recommendation to replace kids' dinnerware with glass or stainless steel for health reasons: chemicals in plastic have been shown to affect children's growth, development and hormones.
glass? do these people have any experience with children?
> "You can't microwave stainless steel, you have to put fresh food on it," Conway said. "Let's teach these kids how to maintain these healthy habits forever."
pretty sure most parents know which food is best to give to children and are not going to the microwave for funsie but because of something else (time, energy, kid will only eat a specific thing)
 
@TimStone what are they claiming he did?
@GodEmperorDune and that there's no such thing as left overs. you have to eat everything on your plate or throw it out
 
3:41 AM
@Memor-X yep
 
@GodEmperorDune Also I've never microwaved anything directly on the plate anyway? So idk
 
@TimStone i do all the time
 
For myself I do but like microwave macaroni and cheese for my son comes in its own container and then I put it on the plate
So, they can't stop me, is what I'm saying
 
@TimStone oh yeh there's those foods which isn't fresh and don't need plates
@TimStone this that 16 year old case in the supreme court?
 
@TimStone pretty sure the dude could die later on
 
3:49 AM
Also it's a bit more irreparable for the people being executed!
 
@GodEmperorDune Drivers probably just have a wall
 
 
1 hour later…
what the fuck
 
 
7 hours later…
1:09 PM
Ah tfw you're a judge married to the sheriff, that classic sign of impartiality
 
So, thorough review of all the related cases and then jail time for both of them equal to the amount of time given to their victims in trials that are misjudged?
 
2:27 PM
> WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday said she has instructed the House Judiciary panel to draft articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.

> “The president’s actions have seriously violated the constitution,” Pelosi told reporters.
That's the extent of the article
So essentially what happens now is they do this thing, they vote "yes he's a bad man" on it, and then it goes to the GOP controlled Senate and it gets shot down?
> Smoke Free Nova Scotia recently conducted a survey that showed 95 per cent of young people who vape in Nova Scotia said they prefer flavoured juices and more than 48 per cent said they would quit if flavours were banned.
 
@Wipqozn More or less.
Somehow, people just...don't care that the prez is flouting any check on his power. He might as well be a dictator.
 
 
1 hour later…
3:40 PM
 
 
1 hour later…
@Wipqozn Probably doesn't even get shot down if McConnell has the power to just not bring it to the floor at all.
 
@TimStone I'm not familiar with that acronym.
 
It's his trade deal, it's just like US Mexico Canada because government acronyms are dumb
He's alluding to the House not passing the agreement I guess? But it's just such a random word salad addition to slap on there
 
5:36 PM
> Pelosi goes off after reporter asks if she “hates” Trump: “Don’t mess with me”
Honestly really not sure why this is so hard for Dems?
The answer to this is "Yeah I hate people doing crimes what the hell why don't you?"
 
(it's hard because the answer is no :))
 
5:51 PM
I mean, true
But still
 
The simple answer is that both "yes" and "no" would be politically problematic. "No" is practically an endorsement, and "yes" fuels the perspective that the inquiry is biased.
 
Content warning: GOP Rep Daniel McCarthy op-ed at the American Spectator: Impeachment Doesn't Work
 
Ah, not the duck article
 
Nixon aide Henry Kissinger apparently was asked about impeachment last night, and while he "acknowledged Nixon’s wrongdoing but said impeachment would not have been warranted in his case, either"
 
Hey, if you can do war crimes why can't the President do whatever?
 
5:58 PM
So... even Nixon shouldn't have been impeached? That's the angle we're going with now??
 
@TimStone The correct answer here is saying no while motioning for security to take him out, right?
 
> From Kissinger’s perspective, impeachment should only be the remedy when a president is systematically trying to overturn the Constitution — it’s a failsafe. It should not be employed in doubtful cases or for minor crimes even when there is no doubt.
 
@puzzlepiece87 I mean I'm not sure but challenging him to a push-up contest/IQ test is extremely Joe Biden and extremely ill-advised
 
@TimStone We are all Ralph Northam's wife.
 
6:10 PM
lol
 
6:38 PM
@BradC is it too late to impeach kissenger?
 
yes, blame H.R. 4775 from the 107th congress
 
@puzzlepiece87 Call me Amazon Prime because I ship it.
@BradC So what he's saying is that we should impeach Trump? Glad we're in agreement.
 
There's a silent "...when a non-Republican president is systematically..."
 
6:58 PM
@Yuuki gestures appreciatively
 
@Yuuki My opinion exactly
 
@BradC "minor crimes"
 
@Frank "doubtful cases". The only thing in doubt is the patriotism of the GOP
 
@BradC ie. "When we don't doubt it"
 
@Frank that's the key, yep.
 
 
2 hours later…
8:56 PM
> Zimmerman's attorney in this case is Larry Klayman, a right-wing activist who helped found Judicial Watch. And their case is largely based on "new evidence" that has "been exposed" in a new documentary that was conveniently scheduled for a promotional screening in Florida this week, during which Zimmerman and Klayman planned to hold a press conference.
but good news...
> The movie theatre has since cancelled the event.
 
@TimStone it’s great except when you realize the iq test challenge is exactly what Trump has said some of his opponents should do
 
9:43 PM
@Wipqozn but then again that's always happened. however in the past the 2 presidents who didn't quit then lost their follow up elections so if we didn't have this tear in the space time continuum that spews WTF 2016 moments we could hope for the same
 
10:06 PM
So back to that thing from yesterday about getting Twitter bots to copy stuff for T-shirts.
2 messages moved from The Bridge
 
22 hours ago, by Trent Hawkins
user image
 
Ash
This article was linked in one of the articles I read last night about the shirt art scraping and it was kinda fascinating in that "unintended tech consequences" way. It's about those super specific shirts you see in FB ads.
(CW for the article mentioning rape etc. in context of "shirts made via algorithms means sometimes you don't get good results in word choices")
 
10:22 PM
@Ash I think it might be one of the Internet laws similar to Godwin's law, in that the more mainstream a meme becomes, the likelier it is someone will use it for a rape joke
 
Ash
@Nzall If you read the article, you realize in this case, it was 1000% unintentional, and not intended as a joke or what have you
it was more "the algorithm was supposed to pick phrases, and it did...badly"
 
@Ash yeah, I read the article
in this case, that someone was just a dumb algorithm
 
Ash
I...guess
shrugs there are way more interesting takeaways to teh article than getting stuck on the weird rape joke drift you're taking.
In general, if someone points out a CW on a thing...it's something they're calling attention to to protect people, so...clinging to it as a conversation topic isn't great.
 
@Stormblessed Right, and also just kind of a weird thing to say in response to someone trying to criticize you? "I think you're bad!" "Oh yeah, how about an IQ test buddy"
 
Ash
(In this case, it surprised me and made me massively uncomfortable when I first read the article, so I wanted to make sure no one else had the same problem, because the article is interesting beyond it mentioning that as a thing)
@TimStone Onlyp eople with IQs of...whatver is a good number are allowed to decide who is bad?
 
10:33 PM
@Ash obviously only people with an IQ equal to or higher than %speaker
 
@Ash 69 and 420 are the only acceptable answers.
 
@Ash Well the guy said Biden was too old so I guess he was trying to say he was still sharp as a tack except all of that was unrelated so it's just kinda gestures wildly
 
10:46 PM
@Yuuki I mean, an IQ of 69 would fall in the high end of the category that in older, less enlightened times was labeled using what we now consider a slur. As for 420, currently the highest IQ man alive only has an IQ of 263, and he turned 20 this year. Stephen Hawking only had an IQ of 160. the theoretical maximum is 200 because it's a normal distribution centered around 100
As in, the existence of someone with an IQ of 420 would imply that there is someone with an IQ of negative 320
 
IQ is fake
So are push ups
 
@Unionhawk As someone who plays R6S, I disagree.
 
Put differently: if someone would manage to get an IQ of 420, everyone who would now have an IQ of 100 (i.e. the average person) would suddenly have an IQ of around 50
 
@Nzall Wait, the theoretical maximum is 200 but someone has 263?
 
Yeah it's me
 
10:48 PM
@murgatroid99 the theoretical maximum is 200 based on a normal distribution, but some people go even beyond that
 
So does that imply that there is someone with an IQ of -63?
 
Like, the IQ of everyone SHOULD be between 0 and 200, but some people are way beyond that
@murgatroid99 He's currently POTUS
Sorry, that was a joke in bad taste
 
,,,,xD
 
Apparently cabbage has an IQ of 4
I think 0 is a rock, and not one of those fancy CPU rocks
 
Honestly that's one of the best arguments for "IQ is fake" I've ever heard
 
10:52 PM
There's no way anything inanimate meaningfully has a positive IQ
 
Ash
IQ testing is pseudoscientific flawed garbage anyhow. shrug
 
Yep
 
Ash
It doesn't measure anything meaningful, and is hella easy to game.
(plus oh god teh biases)
 
IQ tests measure what your IQ is.
What is IQ, you ask? It's what's measured by the IQ test.
 
@shaun_vids did a video about The Bell Curve which is a book about how actually racism is science because of IQ but it's 2 and a half hours and I honestly cba
 
11:27 PM
Garbage
IQ is stupid. I'm a "genius" according to my IQ testing but I work in an unskilled job and have no money and have a ton of focus problems
 
> When boomers were roughly the same age as millennials are now, they owned about 21% of America's wealth, compared to millennials' 3% share today, according to recent Fed data.
 
> An Indian woman was in a critical condition Thursday after allegedly being set on fire by two men she had accused of rape as she travelled to give evidence against them in court, police said.
what's the status on SpaceX shuttles for launching cowardly assholes like these into the sun
 
A waste of delta-v when we have volcanoes right here on earth, IMO
 
Ash
True
 

« first day (835 days earlier)      last day (52 days later) »