« first day (3333 days earlier)      last day (58 days later) » 

1:48 PM
That feel when I optimized my game logic and physics to make CPU impact nonexistent, and then some internal Unity trololo fills the profiler with huge green spikes every time I touch text or particles. I must learn how to optimize it.
 
2:17 PM
I have a deep dislike for too-high-level systems because it's not obvious why they don't work
Hello @AlexandreVaillancourt how are you?
 
@trollingchar Hello!
I'm good, tired, but good :)
@trollingchar Yeah; we have the chance to work with open-source software, so when things don't work as expected, I open the box and look at the gears.
How are you?
 
I too had to go to TextMesh PRO package sources and fix two bugs there
 
Did you submit a patch?
 
I don't know how lol
 
2:25 PM
They'd not accept it anyway, the hack is too dirty
 
Ah, ok!
One reason to try to send a patch, is if it's only, and some other users find the bug, that would give them a workaround while the official patch comes in.
but, yeah, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
I don't know where to submit
 
Ah, ok. I don't know either
 
:)
Sometimes I think that I dislike everything at all. But there is something that I dislike less.
Reminds me of a Soviet cartoon: "I don't like this expedition, I don't like these sailors, I don- What? Yes! No! I don't like everything at all, sir!"
 
@trollingchar This happens to me when I don't get enough sleep.
 
2:37 PM
To me, this happens when my code doesn't work.
 
2:58 PM
I always thought that my job was 20% of the time writing code to add new features and create bugs, and the other 80% was to fix those bugs.
 
3:16 PM
(Although I'm sure modern tools like intellisense and experience change this ratio.)
 
3:51 PM
@AlexandreVaillancourt wait, it isn't 10/90?
 
4:03 PM
@trollingchar Oh, I don't know :)
 
 
4 hours later…
8:11 PM
I'm testing the game at home, and it runs smoothly. Probably it's because of the GPU (bottleneck was in rendering).
 

« first day (3333 days earlier)      last day (58 days later) »